Thursday, March 21, 2013

Memories in Melodies

Today, while I was laid up on the couch I decided to turn Hulu off and turn the tunes up. It made me want to share some of my favorites songs with you. Each of these songs has a memory attached to it. I won't list all of them, that would be a loooong post, but here are a few.

My dad, little sister and I, used to listen to Pasty Cline. We loved her. I remember watching a movie about her life over and over again! I wish I remembered the name of the movie.
"Walking After Midnight" Patsy Cline

New Kids on the Block- every little girls crush in the 1980's. Well, mine at least. I had a huge crush on Jordan. Most girls crushed on Donnie.
 
"You Got It" NKOTB

This song reminds me of my DH. 
I heard it on my way home one day and it just made me think of him.
"God Gave Me You" by Blake Shelton

MY Bridal March. I walked down the aisle to this song. I love it so much. It will always be my favorite love song!
"Marry Me: by Train

Our First Dance- I searched long and hard for our first dance song. I was picky and wanted a song that described our relationship, but one that was not over played. My DH said this was "the one" the very first time he heard it. He loved the lyrics, and that was the most important to us. So here you go...
"Finally Got it Right" by Fooling April

The Father- Daughter Dance- I loved this song the first time I heard it. My dad is very religious and it just seemed to be perfect for our dance. I love my dad.
"Always be Your Baby" by Natalie Grant


I will leave you with this final song.
 I love Tracy Chapman.
This song is a great soundtrack to my life.
 "At This Point in My Life"

What are some of your favorite songs?

15 comments:

  1. Aww, I loved this post! Great songs, and great lyrics for your life. It's nice to get nostalgic sometimes :-)

    Gosh, I have so many faves! Both hubby and I LOVE music. Hubby plays in a band.

    Lately I keep thinking of the song "Amazed" by Lonestar. I'm not much of a country fan, but I think it's a beautiful song. It makes me think of my hubby and my baby. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I wanted to switch it up. I am not a huge country fan, either, but they do have some great songs! I love Amazed as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet Dreams? Is that the Patsy Cline movie you're thinking of? Love hearing about others people's music taste, since it's what I do :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! That was it! Thank you!
      I have a wide variety of favorite music. I love songs or lyrics that describe my situations... What are some of your favs? I have so many.

      Delete
  4. Well, I don't have A favorite song, that will never happen with me. Tastes evolve for me, but a few of my favorites: Autumn Leaves by Eva Cassidy, Blackbird by The Beatles, Mandolin Rain by Bruce Hornsby, Heavenly Day by Patty Griffin, No One's Gonna Love You by Band of Horses

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, my taste always changes. All great songs that you listed! I love the Beatles and Bob D! ;-) But I love me some Swollen Members, Bob Marley, Spearhead.... the list can go on and on!

      Delete
  5. My Grandparents took me to a Patsy Cline rememberence concert once. I was either in high school or college. I fell in love with Patsy Cline then and had to get all her albums! My favorite song is Hallelujah - doesn't matter who's singing it, just a gorgeous song! The version I have on my iPhone is by Justin Timberlake & Matt Morris.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is awesome! I have never been to a concert in my life! How sad is that?! I love Hallelujah! Timeless classic. I love Ave Maria as well!

      Delete
  6. hi from iclw :) love the NKOB song! good memories ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, I love ALL of these songs, but my heart was lost at NKOB. I still have my lunch box...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Awesome. We have th lunch box, the towels, the shirts, the cassette tapes, posters anything and everything!

      Delete
  8. What a fun post!! I love looking back and listening to songs that have special memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Its nice to take a break from all my va jay jay talk!

      Delete
  9. Happy ICLW! Favorite songs... that's a hard one. Such Great Heights by The Postal Service, Miserabile Visu (Ex Malo Bonum) by Anberlin, Where the White Boys Dance by The Killers, and Decembers by Hawthorne Heights are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! Be sure to leave some comment love!