Sunday, September 29, 2013

Rewind to September 5-8th

I totally forgot to post about our anniversary trip! So let me rewind a bit....

Since I had the entire first week of September off we decided to head over to the coast for a few days to celebrate our 2nd wedding anniversary. We've been back to the coast to celebrate our anniversary this year and last year; since that is where we honeymooned, Our real honeymoon to Costa Rica is on hold; flights are not cheap but I am!

Anyways... we heard the weather was going to be rainy on the day of arrival but we didn't think it was going to pour ALL day long! Our plan was to camp at Tillicum Campground so that we could be close to the ocean but as soon as we pulled into the campground it started pouring and there was thunder and lighting. We decided to make our way up to Newport (a town about 30 miles north) to see if there was a Yurt available. We had no such luck. Our only option was to find a hotel that allowed pets.

We stayed at a Shiloh Inn and we spent most of the day inside watching TV. Not exactly what I wanted to do with my time on the beach. Thankfully, it was the kick off for NFL season and the Broncos kicked the Ravens rears... so I was happy about that!

On Friday we woke up to a little brighter weather. Zeke and Zoie had never been to the beach before so this was a whole new experience for them. I was worried that both dogs would run into the ocean or so far down the beach that we would have trouble, but they loved it! There was little fear of the roaring tides and they absolutely loved running up and down the shoreline.
 
After breakfast we packed up our bags and headed back down to Waldport and to the Camground. There were not a lot of large, open, private ocean front spots so we opted for a more secluded campsite across from beach. When we camp, we like our privacy, and we like to be able to be away from people who may have a problem with an inquisitive puppy and a pit bull. We have never been good State Park campers.


We were lucky to have wonderful weather the three days we were there. Normally the coast is a bit chilly, windy and almost always overcast. We spent most of the days walking the beach or lounging on the beach drinking beer and playing with the dogs or napping!

We drove into Yahacts one day and spent some time down on the beach there. It was awesome; we had the entire beach to ourselves and there were hugs rocks that made the beach feel like a maze. We had fun "losing" the dogs and playing hide and seek. On the way back to camp we stopped and bought fresh picked Chantrelle mushrooms and some salt water taffy (cinnam.

I felt horrible because I was in a crabby mood on Thursday (I had oral surgery two days prior) and on Friday I got a horrible headache that l;lingered all day and forced me to lay down for a couple of hours on Saturday. As much as I love the beach and time away from home, all I could think about was my bed and how I wanted to be in it. I kept apologizing to Mike and he kept telling me it was fine, but I think he may have been pretty bored.

On Sunday, we packed up and headed home. I was so excited to be able to wash the sand out of my hair and all the other unwanted places it was hidden! As much as I love the beach- I love it even more when we rent a house; which is what we do from now on!Of course, the headache finally left but not until I was in my pj's and on the couch. Regardless, we had a good time and I am blessed to have such a wonderful husband to celebrate anniversaries with; even with a headache.

Click to play 
this Smilebox slideshow

.

7 comments:

  1. Looks like a great little getaway!!! Love the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you had a good weekend getaway to the beach, although I'm sorry to hear you weren't feeling good a few of those days. Your pictures are gorgeous! I wish we were able to see the sunset when we went, but it was too overcast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds exactly Like what we do except we stuff ourselves silly and drink too much! Fun times! We should camp together with our high maintenance pups!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great getaway, even though you didn't feel the best! Thanks for sharing the sweet pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! Be sure to leave some comment love!