Sunday, September 22, 2013

ICLW and The Stork Secrets

My time management these days has been horrible! I have been meaning to reply to all the comments on my blog, post my anniversary trip recap, finish my post for PCOS awareness month before it's over,  and I need to start my Sunshine award nomination post,  but I can't seem to sit down long enough to get through anything! 

I have been working on a new project that I am currently calling "The Stork Secrets". I have the blog up, the Facebook page activated and I am working on the website. I was inspired to start this project from the comments I received on my post about my secret thoughts; the many women thanking me for putting their thoughts into words. 

The intent of this project is to allow women, men, couples and other effected by infertility, to express their deepest darkest secrets or thoughts they have encountered along the way.  I know that sometimes it can be healing to release the things that are holding you down. I have found that by starting this blog, and having a place where I can "voice" my thoughts, has truly helped me heal in many ways. I also know that I am more open and outspoken than some people are comfortable with so blogging or expressing things that may be offensive isn't for everyone. 

The Stork Secrets is a project designed to be the voice for those still hiding or hurting. People are encouraged to send "The Stork" messages anonymously via mail, email, a blog contact form, and through the website. My hopes are that people will submit things they are too afraid to say out loud or publicly. I am going to take those messages, photograph them and post them to the blog and website. The project is geared more toward a "photoblog" rather than a writing project.

You can follow along now if you would like, however, the pages are still changing as I am trying to get things just they way I like them before I really launch it... but I'd love feedback on this if anyone has any to offer!

Here are the links.... 
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/letterstothestork
Website: http://thestorksecrets.webs.com/
Blog : http://letterstothestork.blogspot.com/
  
This week is also ICLW so I need to really figure out a schedule so that I can make it over to all the blogs! I honestly can't believe I signed up for it since I can't keep up with anything! If you are here from ICLW, welcome! You can read about us and our timeline in the tabs at the top of the page. I don't have anything exciting to share on the TTC front these days since we are not under going treatments at this time. I am on CD 47 and I have no clue what my body is doing! I got a positive OPK on CD 16 AND on CD 42! The best confusing part is that on CD 42 I not only got 2 positive OPKs, I got 2 negative OPKs, all using the SAME urine sample! I have had a BFN on CD 38 and 43, so I can not tell you where I am in my cycle... other than 47 days into it... UGH! PCOS is a b*tch!

I will try to finish my other posts this week because I have a couple really great guest posts I want share with you as well!

13 comments:

  1. The Stork Secrets sounds really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love LOVE The Stork Secrets idea! You truly are using your IF to help others. You are so inspiring, my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. the stork secrets kind of reminds me of PostSecret! Is that where you got the idea?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited for the Stork Secrets! What a wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is an amazing idea Teresa!! I'll be reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this idea! I'm totally going to be following along...

    ReplyDelete
  7. How awesome! Good for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy ICLW to you too! The Stork Secrets sounds great. Good luck with the project.

    p.s. I'm an Oregonian born and raised, but I've been living in Finland for the last 14 years.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so right there with you, wondering why I ever thought I was ready to jump back into ICLW! I love this week, but I'm having a hard time keeping up! And on top of that, you are taking on a new project! You are brave. I am interested to see how all that turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello there! I just wish to offer you a huge thumbs up for the great information you've
    got right here on this post. I will be coming back to
    your web site for more soon.

    my site: ghd straightener

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! Be sure to leave some comment love!