Sunday, August 25, 2013

An Open Invitation

I've always wanted to host guest bloggers so I figured why not post an open invitation to anyone who wants to volunteer! Don't worry, you don't have to make a decision yet; this opportunity isn't going to expire.

I know that my blog is primarily about infertility, however, I will welcome any kind of post. Posts can be about: life, babies, the lack of babies, puppies, the ocean, ice cream, relationships, divorce, personal goals, how infertility (or someone else's) has affected you, regrets, bucket lists... and so on. Just about anything goes!

I have reached out to a few people I know personally to see if they would be willing to write a post for me. I won't give any hints as to who they are but I will say that each one of them has a story to tell. Some of them have gone through some recent personal changes; both good and bad. Some have a specific view on children and treatments and while I know that their view might offend some-  I believe it is a personal view that is worth sharing. Other's have experienced things and places I've only dreamed of; each person has a story and I hope they share it. Fingers crossed they take me up on my offer!

My only request is that you write with pure, 100% honesty. This guest post request was inspired after reading many comments on my recent posts that praised my honesty. Being honest isn't always easy. I fear judgment, I fear my words will come across wrong, I fear that I will offend others; I fear that with my honesty I will lose readers. But, I know that fear won't get me anywhere and I find honesty to be an admirable trait therefore, my posts are written with vulnerability and truth. 

So, with that being said,  I want to open my blog up to others who may want to get out what they may be too afraid to say! I know that sometimes, it is the best feeling; the most healing thing to let things go and by doing so sometimes we just have to tell someone. I am willing to be that some one. I am willing to let this blog be your voice.

I should let you know that while I ask for honesty, I also ask for consideration. When writing for my blog, please remember that we don't want to intentionally offend others. If I get a post that I think could be offensive to others, I will ask that you either re-word it, chose a new topic or use on your own blog. I'm asking for candor, not villainy. 

Any takers? If so, email me at: wherethebleepisourstork@gmail.com

4 comments:

  1. Teresa, I absolutely adore you! Isn't it crazy that even though we know better, we can't ever stop worrying about what others think, or that we might offend someone with our words? I think honesty is one of those things that draws people to you, and yet we spend so much time worrying about what others think. I suppose that is why you have so many followers though - because you CARE! I can't wait to read the stories you share and feel are blog worthy. Thanks for being YOU!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Amber! You are so great with you support!

      Delete
  2. Always love your posts...excited to ready your guest bloggers' posts too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! Be sure to leave some comment love!