Here is the breakdown--this will explain what we have done to this point and what we face next. Hang on to your seats!
To date (remember this is rough estimate, I am going off memory here!)
June 2011- Surgery to insure there was no endometriosis, made sure tubes were open and clear, cleaned out uterus and checked for cysts.
My cost: $2,500
Insurance covered $ 10,000
July 2011- Started clomid 50 mg days 5-9
My cost: $6.00 for meds, $150.00 follow up ultrasound
August 2011- same as above
September 2011- Clomid 100 mg
My cost: $12.00 for meds, 150.00 for ultrasound
October 2011- Clomid 150 mg days 3-7
My cost: $15.00 for meds, $150.00 for ultrasound, and $120.00 for lab work
November -Feburary-- Rest cycles. We tried naturally here... and my cycles went back to 34- 56 days apart!
Feburary-- We were referred to a RE in Eugene; Dr. Austin. He diagnosed me with PCOS and explained what it was to me. (I should go into that in another post!)
I started taking Metformin. I started with 1,000 mg a day, and now I am up to 1,500 mg. I don't even know I am on it. I don't have any side effects. Rarely.
March- Started Femara, 5mg, days 3-7
My cost: $5.00 meds, $120.00 lab work
We went to Vegas in March, and I tested positive for ovulation on day 15!!!
April- Same as above + $450.00 for ultrasound, ovulation on day 17
May- Same as above + IUI
My cost: $375.00 IUI, $150.00 ultrasound
June- Rest cycle. My period went from 31 days to 43 days
July-- Injection series
My cost: $600.00 for the meds, $300.00 lab work, $150.00 ultrasound, $375.00 for the IUI
August- #2 Injection series
My cost: $700 for the meds, $300.00 for lab work, and $450 for the ultrasound
Rest cycles- I am currently on birth control to keep my periods from going haywire again! BOO!
Our future plan:
IVF in the Spring/early Summer
- Charges are for the following:
- Visits assosiated with IVF
- Ultrasounds during injections and retrieval/transfer
- Hormolnal mointoring (lab work)
- Embryo development, care and transfer
- Supplies( surgery pack)
- Retrieval room
- Doctor Fees
- Sperm processing
- Embryology lab
- Transfer supplies
- Transfer room
- Cryopreservation/ 1 year storage
- Sperm Analysis
- Pap Smear
Total: $8,000- $12,000
Important Notes About IVF Cycle Costs
- Insurance does not pay a dime on anything infertility related
- We have a HRA account with a balance of $4.000 that will go towards the medication price
- Additional FET if the first transfer fails is $1,500 dollars more + meds
- There is no guarantee. We could spend the money, go through the process and still end up with no baby!
You can read all about IVF here: http://www.womenscare.com/home/wc1/page_868
Well, there you have it!
Feel free to ask me any questions- I am happy to answer them.