Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Dear Teresa

I was cleaning up my bookshelf when I came across my baby book. Inside, I found a letter my mom wrote to me.
 A mother's love really is a beautiful thing. 

Dear Teresa,    

I have finally gotten around to writing to you in your book. You are going to be 3 in a couple of months and so I'd say it's about time. Your daddy and I were so happy and excited when it was finally time to go to the hospital to have you. We were also kind of nervous and worried because when I had Timothy the good Lord decided he wanted to keep him in heaven. But then Dr. Andresen said you were ok, but that you did have a knot in the end of the cord. It could have been a bad thing, but God wanted you here, with us.  We were so very happy. We named you after daddy's gramma. He loves her very much and has a lot of great memories of him growing up around her. Your middle name is after my gramma. I have a lot of beautiful memories about her when I was little.

You are such a smart little girl. You are so much fun to have around. You can be such a clown, and when you talk you use your hands and eyes to express yourself you are precious. Of course, there are times when you are a #1 brat! Like the other day when you cut Patricia's hair because you thought it was too long.

I will do my best to make you be a beautiful lady when you grow up. So there's going to be times when you won't like me, but I hope you will always love me and respect me. I will do anything I can for you whenever you need me. I enjoy everyday I spend with you. You are my special Teresa and I love you so very much. Keep smiling dear.

I love you so very much.

Love,
Mom
Dated- 10/26/84

My beautiful mother

(Yes, they changed the spelling of my name!)


26 comments:

  1. That is amazing! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very heart warming and inspirational. Your mom sounds like an amazing woman.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't want to brag- but she is pretty amazing! I hope to be like her one day!

      Delete
  3. Wow, how beautiful and special!! I pray we get to write similar letters to our babies someday. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so special and I hope that my letter to my child is as heartfelt.

      Delete
  4. Sweet! What a great thing to have. I honestly don't think my mom kept a baby book for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that I found it and I want to make a copy for her Mother's Day gift

      Delete
  5. Seriously just teared up, what a wonderful thing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. choking on tears here at wprk!!! beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww, this made me seriously cry. How special that you have this! I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it great?! I love it. And her! I haven't changed much! ;-)

      Delete
  8. What the heck?! When did they change the spelling of your name? I never knew yours started with a TH, I thought some people just spelled it wrong

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mom thought it was suppose to be with an "H" but my dads grandma (who I am named after) spelled it without the "H". So they had to change my birth certificate after I was like 3 days old! So now I have to carry around 2 of them! I always say that they were naming both my personalities!

      Delete
  9. Aww, that is so beautiful! You have a great mom. What a precious keepsake!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, I am new to your blog and you should probably know that this is only the third comment I have made on any blog, ever! I just wanted to say that the letter from your mom is one of the most beautiful, inspiring and heart-warming things I have ever read. Well done on having such a wonderful mother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very blessed. She amazes me daily. I feel honored that you commented on this. Thank you and welcome.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my blog! Be sure to leave some comment love!